Friday, April 7, 2017

The Exclusivity

A Blog about Everything (minus the things I have specific blogs about, ha)!


I keep finding things that I could blog about, so I figured instead of continuing to create specific blogs for all of these things, I would finally just do a generalized one.  Not that there are probably a lot of people that are all that interested in the random ramblings of my mind, but just in case… here it will be.

What’s on my mind today?  The illusive Nintendo NES Classic – illusive isn’t even a strong enough word.  I have been trying to get ahold of one of these things since November 11th when it came available.  I never would have thought that it would be so difficult to acquire something so tiny.  Yet here we are in March 2017 and I’m still grasping at air trying to get one of these.  I spent a lot of time trying to get at one every time it came available setting reminds on my phone and sitting on the computer hitting “Refresh” hoping to be one of the lucky people to get one.  Clearly I was not lucky. 
I was so close.  Once.  Walmart had them and I managed to get it into my cart and checked out.  I had my confirmation email and everything telling me that I would get an email once my item was ready to be picked up.  I was on top of the world.  Better yet, it was Friday so I knew exactly what I was going to be doing with my weekend.  I anxiously checked and rechecked my email seeking out the email signaling the return of my childhood in miniature form.  Then it arrived… the email that squashed my excitement and dreams.  Walmart had regretted to inform me that due to an over-sale, I would not be receiving a Nintendo NES Classic.  I was crushed, and utterly pissed.  It was like being all primed and ready to be pleasured only to get the tip.  Just the tip is never okay!!  But I digress.  I gave up on obtaining a Nintendo NES for quite a while after that.

**Note**I suck at posting things in a timely manner sometimes.  I started writing this back in March when there was a promotion was going on, and I clearly did not post this in time because it is now April.

That brings us to that day in March.  My mind got curious about the availability of the gaming system once more.  I4U News had been giving away some Nintendo NES Classics.  In case you were wondering, I did not win one.  So it still eludes me... I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get one, or if all this effort will prove to be a fruitless endeavor.  I'm not giving up yet.  I do really want one.  I have so many fond memories of playing Zelda, Donkey Kong, Super Mario and the like.  Having an awesome mini would be... Well, awesome.

Anyway, I'll keep checking just hoping to get lucky... eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Need To Talk #SuicideAwareness

It is sad to think that there are so many people living with such deep sadness that they take their own lives. There are more people living...